Work with us
Our USS companies are growing! We are currently seeking experienced Business Managers for multiple locations; San Francisco, Portland, Honolulu, Vancouver and Netherlands as well as other regions World-wide.
In collaboration with the Center Leading Teacher, the Business Manager will be responsible to interact with the Executive Team and Corporate Office on matters such as center financials, growth and development. It is the responsibility of the Business Manager to ensure that the center maintains a steady growth while being financially accountable.
- Laisse with the center, executive team and corporate teams to create and implement an annual business plan and budget
- Review monthly KPI reports from the Corporate Office to ensure the center KPI’s are met consistently
- Monitor and accomplish projects, strategic objectives, and tasks by the due dates and within budget
- Manage event budgets, making recommendations to ensure needs and costs are balance.
- Report and analyze reconciliation of proceeds
- Liaise with Headquarters and lead on all centre legal issues including all public, employee, insurances etc.
- Ensure that Intercompany Summary reports are created and submitted for approval within guidelines.
- Ensuring that the travelling teachers VISAs or permits are valid
- Adheres to purchasing policy understanding how goods are purchased, invoices are received and paid, and maintains purchasing workflow internal controls. Ensuring that all documentation required by the accounting team to support month end and year end reporting is submitted in a timely manner
- Maintain the Centre Petty Cash ensuring all receipts and reports are submitted to the accounting team on a monthly basis.
- Recruiting, employee training and development, employee performance reviews, approving absence requests, scheduling of Administrative Team and managing volunteers
- Liaising with Headquarters Human Resources team to ensure all policies, labor laws and compliance are met
- Lead on all health and safety requirements at center and outreach programs. Liaising with Headquarters Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Attend monthly Center Support Meetings
- Manage the day to day operations of the center focusing on positive customer experiences
- Ensure data integrity, safeguarding of physical assets and keeping confidential information secure
- Manage the building alarms, access codes and key. Maintain a key log that is updated and submitted to the Corporate Office
- Coordinate with the administrative team to ensure that appropriate product inventory is maintained at the center.
- Lead interface for IT system development, implementation and security
- Manage and facilitate storage at off-site facilities.
- Assign tasks and projects to Administrative staff and volunteers.
- Liaise with the Corporate Marketing team to create and coordinate the center marketing plan with budget to include Tao Chang, center events, outreach program, web-site development, social media, print advertising, TV/Radio, leaflet production/distribution, retention plans etc. Ensuring that all marketing material adhere to brand guidelines set by Headquarters
- Coordinate and participate in external events, i.e. fairs, expos, festivals, etc., with team.
- Initiate an ongoing networking plan to connect with key people in business, organizations, institutions, sports, universities/schools/learning institutes, etc. to create mutually beneficial opportunities (speaking, teaching, programs, etc.)
- Assist the center team with the preparation of the center space to ensure successful events, Tao Chang sessions etc.
- Liaise with the center team to create event schedules
- Liaise with the center teachers to promote program development.
- Proven bias for action, excellent critical thinking and time management skills
- Proven experience running a small business or department
- 3 – 5 years’ experience managing a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Post-Secondary School degree in Business or another relevant degree
- Additional language skills an asset
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the online application form.Apply